I hope your week is getting off to a positive start. To add to it, my “tip of the week” this week is about happiness. If we consider the challenges this world is undergoing now, it can be easy to lose our way and spend too much time focusing on the negatives.
I love this quote that you can scribe on a “stick it note” and then add to your fridge or have it on your desk for the week.
“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort” Franklin D Roosevelt
This week, it would be great to try and think about how we can boost our happiness and that of others.
Previously I discussed how nice it is to smile at others around you, I have also discussed the “lollipop moment” or random acts of kindness, and they should continue. Incorporated in all of this is happiness, so my tip of the week is this
“Think happy, be happy, smile.”
To support this, here are five more ideas to practice this week to improve your happiness.
1. Be grateful: appreciate everything in your life
2. Be Social (where you can): Spend time with those you care about (even virtually)
3. Be passionate: make time to do what you love doing
4. Relish things: Enjoy the daily pleasures and challenges in life
5. Commit to goals: Have something you are motivated to work towards
If you can commit to practicing some or all these things, I am sure you will end the week with a positive view of your efforts and achievements.
After all, “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.”
Have a great week